Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brainstorming!

     First of all I would like to thank Dimenser for his input on my last blog post. I have to agree with his comment completely. I know, I for one, get very bored with games that are too dark or too drab. The game can look super realistic, however if it's not colorful and attractive it just doesn't hold my attention. "Oh, something shiny!" So, I'd like to design my game with a cartoon feel. Not the extreme that was Borderlands, though I do absolutely love that game. More like the cartoon style of "World of Warcraft" or "Rift". Not that I'm going to copy these games. I just really enjoyed their art styles and I would like to bring that into my game.
     I think that, instead of picking a specific "style" to the game, I would like to blend a couple that I mentioned together. I feel that steam punk and Victorian are close enough anyways that it will be OK to go ahead and mesh the two. As far as game play goes, I was thinking first person styling. Similar to the Elder Scrolls series of games. Except, no where near as big of a world! OK, maybe eventually... expansions would be fun to do as I progress in my game design knowledge.
     Here is a sample of what I'm thinking for the houses in the game. This is not original content (obviously), it was pulled from Google Images as a sample for my house design.

     Here is a sample of what I had in mind for the clothing. I really like the look and feel this will add to the game.
   
     I cannot wait to get started on this project. What are your thoughts? If you have any ideas that you think would add to the experience I'm trying to create, please feel free to add them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment